Winter is here, and that means one thing: cosying up on the couch with a warm blanket, some popcorn, a warm fire and come Netflix. But what should you watch? Well if you are trying to brush upon your French or you want to learn about the culture or you just want to try something new here are some movies on Netflix that you should watch!
- Les Innocents(2016) If you and I have anything in common it must be our fascination with World War II. Set in the snowy Poland, this film is about a convent trying to keep a dangerous secret. If you are not into World War II but you are totally down for female standing up for one another then this is the movie for you.
- Un peu, beaucoup, aveuglement (Blind Date) (2015). When I first saw this movie my first thought was, romcom, but then something happened. A pianist moves next door to a shut in antisocial puzzle maker. The whole dialogue between the two is through a brick wall, which makes you think that the walls in Paris are super thin, but it makes for a sweet backdrop and an even sweeter story!
- Suite Fancaise (2014) Again, a WWII drama but this one has no ending. The author was sent to an interment camp before she was able to finish it. The story is told through her eyes and you feel it. You feel the pressure of the occupation and the bitter sweet emotion that develops between the two characters. Make sure you have your tissues ready! Oh and don’t worry there are no subtitles 🙂
- Clouds of Sils Marie (2014) Juliette Binoche is just adorable! That being said, in this film her character comes face to face with an uncomfortable reflection of herself when she takes a part in a revival of the play that launched her career.
- Headwinds (2011) A married couple starts to unravel and after she disappears the husband is the main suspect. By the way if you think you have heard that line before, you have but no on does drama like the French. Trust me there is a surprise lurking somewhere.
Hopefully you enjoyed some of my recommendations. If you have any questions , or want to share which one is your favorite, feel free to chat!