Currently, I am 30,000 feet in the air. No, really! I am somewhere over the Atlantic flying to my home in France. I’m also bobbing my head to my personal best “inflight” playlist. As you may know, I am an avid reader, I even wrote about my top five books that I am reading while traveling. Click here to find out what books I am reading!
However sometimes you want to throw some tunes on and drown out the world or in my case the loud humming of the plane engines. Or the constant nagging from my toddler. (Just kidding)
So what do I like to listen to?
When it comes to music I am a bit of a chameleon. For instance, one minute I am reliving my love for Garth Brooks and then the next I am tapping my foot and nodding my head to the AWESOME Beastie Boys. I switch things up a bit and listen to the romance of Celine Dion or the haunting voice of Fiona. Then I turn on Nirvana and Pearl Jam, the list could go on.
So without further ado here is my top ten songs I love to listen to when I am flying, or driving or anything that has to do with a long journey or housework!
My top 10 inflight Playlist
- Talk You Down by the Script- I love that this song is about a couple at crossroads with one another. It seems upbeat but if you listen to the lyrics you really get to the meat of the song. There is pain there, there is indecisiveness, and there is ultimate closure.
- Cold Desert by Kings of Leon-The lead singer of this band has such a haunting voice, in a good way! This song describes how it really feels to be lonely. You can feel the pain and the sorrow from the lead singer and it moves you.
- Thinking Outloud by Ed Sheeran-The Ginger Angel! I just love anything by Ed Sheeran, his voice is so romantic and kind of edgy!
- Perfect by Selena Gomez– There is nothing worse then wondering if there is something wrong with you or why you are not good enough for someone. This song simply puts into words what we have all felt once in our lives.
- Prosthetic Love by Typhoon-another song about being lonely, but this one is heartbreaking. This has more to do with growing up lonely in childhood and then finding someone they finally can count on.
- Daydreamin’ by Ariana Grande– I was never really a fan of hers until I decided to listen to her album “Yours Truly.” This is my favorite song on that album. Ariana has a powerful voice and a powerful personality. You can feel that in this song as she dreams about that perfect guy.
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Prestley– The. King. Enough said.
- One More Try by George Micheal– I LOVE GEORGE MICHEAL. Freedom is my favorite but I also love this one. I like to think this is about the first love with an older lover, and of course, things don’t work out. It gives me the feels.
- Lover, Please Stay by Nothing But Thieves-This is about pleading with your love to not leave you, and giving them all the reasons to stay. It is so raw and bittersweet.
- River by Leon Bridges-This song is a bit religious. It is about wanting to atone for your sins or mistakes. One reverts back to the teachings from childhood and clings to that hope that mistakes can be washed away.
I always have a Linkin Park song on my playlist. It was a hard choice but for this playlist I feel Leave out all the Rest is the best choice!
There you have it, my playlist for travel. You may have noticed I listen to songs that are calming and have to do with the heart. And of course can cause you to think a little. Isn’t that the purpose of storytelling? To invoke a feeling or explain to someone what it feels like to go through something?
I hope you try these songs out, and perhaps find a new favorite. Let me know which one you love the best or let me know a song I should give a try! Happy listening!