Like most people I love sandwiches, I love them so much that I am perfectly happy to have them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Today I am sharing my lovely avocado sandwich on whole-wheat bread.
Be sure to tell me how much you enjoyed it in the comments below!
My avocado sandwich
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small lemon or lime (juice half or two teaspoons) add to taste
- 1 TBSP good jarred pesto
- 1-2 small radishes thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet pickle sliced thinly
- cheese of your choice-I chose Emmental cheese
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 2 TBSP veganase or your favorite mayo
- a few leaves of romaine lettuce
In a small bowl smash up the avocado with a fork or a bean smasher. I prefer mine to be a little chunky but you can make yours as smooth as you like it. Once smashed add as much lemon as you like and a good amount of salt and pepper.
Spread your choice of mayo on both slices of bread. Add the lettuce and the cheese to one side. The other slice of bread spread a small amount of pesto. Then lay on the avocado spread.
On top of the avocado add the slices of pickle and radish. Lastly, place the slice of bread with the cheese and lettuce on top of the pesto/avocado bread. Slice and enjoy! (I serve mine with chips or fries, but really the choice is yours)
Did you try this delicious sandwich? Did you add anything to it?
Add your comments below!